Saturday 29 April 2017

Memories from Books Upstairs April 2017

I am off home after a very happy and stimulating few days in Dublin. Poetry Ireland, Words Ireland, Irish Writers Centre, Teddy's ice-cream and walk on East Pier.

Today I spent about three hours in Books Upstairs - leaving lighter and heavier. Looking through some books I came across Gerard Smyth [in person] who had only good words about his recent experience at Ó Bhéal in Cork.  As always it was a pleasure to chat with Maurice before heading up for a bite in the café where I met a fellow writer of poems, Deirdre Daly.

So what's in the bag?  TLS, Bare Hands Anthology, Skylight 47, Literary Review, Level Crossing, Banshee x 2, Gorse, Crannóg, Ciphers CD, Off Duty by Katie Donovan, Mountains for Breakfast by Geraldine Mitchell and a beautiful Selected Poems by A.E.

I think my blog will be quiet for some time...

29th April 2017